The B. Tech Program in Computer Science & Engineering was launched during 2007 with an intake of 60 students p.a. NBA has granted Tier-Ii accreditation to the B. Tech Program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering offered by GIFT.
DEPARTMENT OF CSE IS CURRENTLY IMPARTING FOUR-YEAR B. TECH IN COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING AND TWO-YEAR M.TECH IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING.
The administrative setup exist in the department which ensures the acievement of PEOs
- Program Coordinator (HOD of the Department)
- Course Coordinator of the Semester
- Program Assessment Committee
- Department Advisory Board
1. Program Coordinator.
- Acts as interface between department and key stakeholders, students, faculties and employer.
- Evaluates and assess the activities in the program independently with the course coordinators.
- Prepares work plan in accordance with the objectives and outcomes of the program.
- Monitors and coordinates entire activities of the program enforcing appropriate policies and procedures to ensure utmost efficiency.
2. Course Coordinator of the Semester.
- Responsible for Coordinating and supervising the progress of teaching of all courses in the semester.
- Responsible for assessment of the course objectives and outcomes.
- Recommends and facilitates to organize workshops, seminars, faculty development programs, conferences to meet the course outcomes.
- Analyzes results of each course and recommends the Program Coordinator to take appropriate action .
- Coordinates with students, faculty members and program coordinator to formulate appropriate priorities and policies.
3. Program Assessment Committee.
- Program Assessment Committee consists of Program Coordinator, Course coordinator of the Semester and faculty representatives.
- Headed by Program Coordinator, the committee monitors the attainment of PEOs.
- Assesses program effectiveness and proposes necessary changes.
- Prepares periodic progress reports on program activities for college administration.
- Encourages the faculty and students to attend workshops , developing working models, paper publications and research.
- Interfaces with students, faculty members, program coordinator, semester coordinators and outside agencies in fulfiling program educational objectives.
- Committee congregates twice in a year to review the program and submits report to Department Advisory Board.
4. Department Advisory Board.
- It consists of program coordinator, senior faculty members and representatives of key stakeholders.
- Headed by Proram Coordinator, receives the report of the Program Assessment Committee and reviews the progress of the program.
- It analyses current and future issues related to the program.
- Prepares and recommends new or revised program objectives.
- Program Assessment Committee congregates once in a year to review the program objectives.
PEOs:Program educational objectives of Under Graduate Electronics & Communication Engineering Department are:
- PEO-1 : To provide graduating students with core competencies by strengthening their mathematical, scientific and basic engineering fundamentals.
- PEO-2 : To train graduates in diversified and applied areas with analysis, design and synthesis of data to create novel products and solutions to meet current industrial and societal needs.
- PEO-3 : To inculcate high professionalism among the students by providing technical and soft skills with ethical standards.
- PEO-4 : To promote collaborative learning and spirit of team work through multidisciplinary projects and diverse professional activities.
- PEO-5 : To encourage students for higher studies, research activities and entrepreneurial skills by imparting interactive quality teaching and organizingsymposiums, conferences, seminars, workshops and technical discussions.
|PO1||Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.|
|PO2||Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.|
|PO3||Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.|
|PO4||Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.|
|PO5||Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.|
|PO6||Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.|
|PO7||Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental context, and demonstrate the knowledge needed for sustainable development.|
|PO8||Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.|
|PO9||Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.|
|PO10||Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.|
|PO11||Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.|
|PO12||Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.|