The B. Tech Program in Civil Engineering was launched during 2012 with an intake of 60 students p.a.
DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING IS CURRENTLY IMPARTING FOUR-YEAR B. TECH IN CIVIL ENGINEERING AND 2 TWO-YEAR M.TECH IN CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT.
The administrative setup exist in the department which ensures the acievement of PEOs
- Program Coordinator (HOD of the Department)
- Course Coordinator of the Semester
- Program Assessment Committee
- Department Advisory Board
1. Program Coordinator.
- Acts as interface between department and key stakeholders, students, faculties and employer.
- Evaluates and assess the activities in the program independently with the course coordinators.
- Prepares work plan in accordance with the objectives and outcomes of the program.
- Monitors and coordinates entire activities of the program enforcing appropriate policies and procedures to ensure utmost efficiency.
2. Course Coordinator of the Semester.
- Responsible for Coordinating and supervising the progress of teaching of all courses in the semester.
- Responsible for assessment of the course objectives and outcomes.
- Recommends and facilitates to organize workshops, seminars, faculty development programs, conferences to meet the course outcomes.
- Analyzes results of each course and recommends the Program Coordinator to take appropriate action .
- Coordinates with students, faculty members and program coordinator to formulate appropriate priorities and policies.
3. Program Assessment Committee.
- Program Assessment Committee consists of Program Coordinator, Course coordinator of the Semester and faculty representatives.
- Headed by Program Coordinator, the committee monitors the attainment of PEOs.
- Assesses program effectiveness and proposes necessary changes.
- Prepares periodic progress reports on program activities for college administration.
- Encourages the faculty and students to attend workshops , developing working models, paper publications and research.
- Interfaces with students, faculty members, program coordinator, semester coordinators and outside agencies in fulfiling program educational objectives.
- Committee congregates twice in a year to review the program and submits report to Department Advisory Board.
4. Department Advisory Board.
- It consists of program coordinator, senior faculty members and representatives of key stakeholders.
- Headed by Program Coordinator, receives the report of the Program Assessment Committee and reviews the progress of the program.
- It analyses current and future issues related to the program.
- Prepares and recommends new or revised program objectives.
- Program Assessment Committee congregates once in a year to review the program objectives.
Program Outcomes (POs):
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Education Outcome (PEO)
- Have a successful career in the diversified sectors of the Civil Engineering Industry.
- Analyze Plan, Design, and Execute and maintain Civil Engineering Projects within a specified time, cost and quality.
- Use of innovative material practices and techniques for sustainable eco-friendly and life-line infrastructures with social awareness and responsibility.
- Exhibit professionalism, ethical approach, develop effective communication skills, teamwork in their profession and adapt to modern trends by engaging in lifelong learning.
- Adapt state of art techniques, manage resources and involve in R & D work in Civil Engineering.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
- Design Civil Engineering structures using relevant codes of practice, materials, techniques, and software.
- Follow human values and ethics with team spirit in every Civil Engineering project undertaken.
- Utilize resources effectively and adapt state-of-the-art practices and materials in the field of Civil Engineering