Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. Civil engineering is the oldest engineering discipline after military engineering. It is traditionally broken into several sub-disciplines including environmental engineering, structural engineering, transportation engineering, municipal or urban engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, surveying, and construction engineering. A diploma in civil engineering will provide ample opportunities of employment in the construction industry as India is moving at a rapid rate for infrastructure development and at the same time it also provides an opportunity for higher studies and research as well.
Overview of the Department
- The department offers diploma in Civil Engineering with an intake capacity of 60 seats per batch.
- The department works with a motto for providing skill with technical knowledge and a wide scope of practical experience to the students so that they may be deemed fit in the recent era of rapid development.
- To fulfill this purpose the department is equipped with highly qualified and experienced faculty members as well as laboratory technicians and smart classrooms.
- For enhancement of technical perspective of the student, department also organizes technical seminars, study tours to the related industries, workshop, etc.
- The department boasts of well equipped laboratories such as Hydraulics lab, Material testing lab, Survey lab, Geo-technical engineering lab, Transportation engineering lab, CAD lab etc.