M.Tech in Civil Engineering with specialization in Construction Technology & Management (CTM) is a two-year post-graduate programme aimed at shaping the student’s managerial and technical skills in the field of civil engineering. The programme is streamlined to give insights on the advanced process of construction planning and how to ensure efficient and timely implementation of building and construction projects. Students are imparted advanced learning in Resource Management, Project Management, Risk Management, Construction Optimization Techniques, Procurement Management and Financial Planning & Procurement. The students are exposed to practical learning by working on real-world projects in the management lab, construction material lab, and quality practice labs. The practical lab sessions require students to apply theoretical knowledge to realize their value through implementation.
As India strives to develop its infrastructure and with the upcoming projects like 100 Smart Cities housing, there will be a pool of opportunities for the students graduating from this programme. The post-graduate programme will play a crucial role in developing industry-ready professionals.
The course is essentially about:
- Estimating, scheduling, contracting, and project management.
- Risk analysis, decision-making, computer applications in construction, sustainability and green construction, quality management, and Six-Sigma.
- Basics of construction technology including project scheduling, estimation, and control.
- Legal and developmental aspects of the design process.
- Quality maintenance in residential projects.
Eligibility for M.Tech in CTM?
To be eligible to pursue this course at GIFT, a student must have completed a bachelor’s degree in civil or any related subject from a well-recognized university/Institute/College. The eligible students must be appearing OJEE-PGAT/GATE and secure a good rank.
Detailed Subjects & Credit Structure for 2 years:
Detailed Subjects & Credit Structure for 2 years
Scope of Employment
After completing M.Tech. in Construction Technology & Management students can be placed in following roles/sectors:
- Form-work Technology Manager
- Construction Manager
- Technology Specialist
- Business Development Executive
- Project Manager