The B. Tech Program in Mechanical Engineering was launched during 2009 with an intake of 60 students p.a. NBA has granted Tier-Ii accreditation to the B. Tech Program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering offered by GIFT.
Department OF Mech IS CURRENTLY IMPARTING FOUR-YEAR B. TECH IN Mechanical ENGINEERING AND TWO-YEAR M. TECH IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING.
The administrative setup exist in the department which ensures the acievement of PEOs
- Program Coordinator (HOD of the Department)
- NBA Coordinators
- Course Coordinator of the Semester
- Program Assessment Committee
- Department Advisory Board
1. Program Coordinator.
- Acts as interface between department and key stakeholders, students, faculties and employer.
- Evaluates and assess the activities in the program independently with the course coordinators.
- Prepares work plan in accordance with the objectives and outcomes of the program.
- Monitors and coordinates entire activities of the program enforcing appropriate policies and procedures to ensure utmost efficiency.
2. NBA Coordinator.
- Applying for NBA
- Meeting NBA requirements
- Getting NBA visits
3. Course Coordinator of the Semester.
- Responsible for Coordinating and supervising the progress of teaching of all courses in the semester.
- Responsible for assessment of the course objectives and outcomes.
- Recommends and facilitates to organize workshops, seminars, faculty development programs, conferences to meet the course outcomes.
- Analyzes results of each course and recommends the Program Coordinator to take appropriate action .
- Coordinates with students, faculty members and program coordinator to formulate appropriate priorities and policies.
4. Program Assessment Committee.
- Program Assessment Committee consists of Program Coordinator, Course coordinator of the Semester and faculty representatives.
- Headed by Program Coordinator, the committee monitors the attainment of PEOs.
- Assesses program effectiveness and proposes necessary changes.
- Prepares periodic progress reports on program activities for college administration.
- Encourages the faculty and students to attend workshops , developing working models, paper publications and research.
- Interfaces with students, faculty members, program coordinator, semester coordinators and outside agencies in fulfiling program educational objectives.
- Committee congregates twice in a year to review the program and submits report to Department Advisory Board.
5. Department Advisory Board.
- It consists of program coordinator, senior faculty members and representatives of key stakeholders.
- Headed by Proram Coordinator, receives the report of the Program Assessment Committee and reviews the progress of the program.
- It analyses current and future issues related to the program.
- Prepares and recommends new or revised program objectives.
- Program Assessment Committee congregates once in a year to review the program objectives.
Program educational objectives of Under Graduate Mechanical Engineering Department are:
- PEO-1 : Graduates will be capable of applying the fundamental knowledge of basic science to develop skills in order to succeed in solving problems in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- PEO-2 : Graduates will apply basic principles of Engineering in various practical fields to solve complex Engineering problems.
- PEO-3 : Students will be able to carry out research and adapt to current changes by inculcating habit of life long learning.
- PEO-4 : Students will be able to communicate effectively with others to share their ideas and establish their leadership to manage their organization effectively.
Program Specific Outcomes of Under Graduate Mechanical Engineering Department are:
- PSO-1 : Our graduates would be able to Work in power plants and manufacturing industry in the sphere of operation and maintenance.
- PSO-2 : Our graduates would be able to apply creative thinking to design mechanical equipment and processes including development of domain specific software tools.
- PSO-3 :: Our graduates would be able to apply the basic principles of engineering in various practical fields to engage themselves in many national level research projects.
Programme Outcomes of Under Graduate Mechanical Engineering Department are: