M.Tech in Environmental Engineering is a two-year full time post-graduate programme focused on management of water resources land and air pollution. The programme imbibes key scientific mathematical and computational concepts for solving the traditional and emerging environmental issues in different geographical settings. The main objective of the programme is to develop technocrats that can work towards minimizing the adverse effects of anthropocentric activities on the environment and ensuring the provision of a safe and healthy environment for human beings.
The programme also enlightens individuals to devise ways to restore soil, air and water quality at already contaminated sites. An adequate number of elective courses are available in the areas of Sustainable Development, Renewable Energy, Green Buildings, and Environmental Auditing to enable a deeper understanding of contemporary and emerging sub-disciplines. It is an interdisciplinary programme preparing students for careers in industrial research and academia.
Eligibility for M.Tech in Environmental. Engineering?
BE/B.Tech or AMIE in Civil /Chemical Engineering / Ceramic Technology / Mechanical / Metallurgy / Mining / Environmental / Biochemical Engineering / Biotechnology from a well-recognized university/Institute/College with securing good rank in GATE/ OJEE (PGAT)
After completing M.Tech. in Environmental Engineering students can be placed in following sectors
- Government Engineers (PWD, Town Planning etc)
- Engineers Working for NGOs
- Forest Department (Engineer/Assistant Engineer)
- Government Water Boards and Authorities (for example- Central Ground Water Board, State wise Water Authorities etc)
- Government Agriculture Boards (State as well as Central)
- Research Engineer/Scientist
- Lecturer (Government or Private Institutes)
- Mining Companies (Engineer as well as Research)
- Chemical Factories (Engineer as well as Research)
- Central Pollution Control Board (as well as State Wise Boards and Authorities)