Classroom and Learning Facilities :
(Availability of adequate, well-equipped classrooms to meet the curriculum requirements)
(Availability of –learning facilities, utilization; initiatives to ensure students learning)
The basic policy of the Institute for creation and enhancement of Infrastructure is to strictly adhere to the requirements of regulatory body, i.e. All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Over and above the requirements of the statutory body, the policy of the Institute towards infrastructure development is keeping with the time. Convenience of the students and faculty as well as requirements understood with constant interaction with stakeholders shape the policy of the Institution for creation and up gradation of infrastructure also.
- Classrooms are specially furnished for the purpose with projectors and internet facility.
- The class rooms are also well equipped with proper ventilation and uninterrupted power supply.
- The Institute subscribes to on-line courses provided by learning ware for most of the subjects with access given to all students and teachers.
- Extra doubt clearing classes are given for both the semester students in separate tutorial classes.
- NPTEL video lecturers are available through College Intranet.
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the campus for promotion of independent learning.
- Additional library hours are provided for carrying out project works.
- Accesses to on-line journals from Springer are extended to the students and faculty members.
- Mini projects are undertaken by the students from 1st year onwards.
- Major project work is started from 2nd semester so as to give them sufficient time for enhancing their skill sets independently, take practical training on developing managerial and other skills and how to implement it in the organization.
- The institute stresses to organize seminars, workshop, symposia, and conferences for help collaborative learning culture among students.
- The class rooms are provided with projectors and internet connectivity.
- On-line courses in many subjects are available and faculty members are encouraged to utilize these on-line courses during their regular lectures.
- Seminars are conducted regularly every year to bring out inherent talents . Special guest lectures are also arranged on the latest topics by eminent academicians / industrialists.
- Faculty members are encouraged to participate in National/International level seminars by extending academic leave and required financial assistance.
- The faculty members in turn transfer their knowledge or technical know-how to their students either in the classroom or by arranging special lectures for this purpose.
Total Nos. of Books: - 32555
Total Nos. of Titles: - 5945
Journals & Magazines - 740
Institutional Membership - DELNET, SPRINGERS, IEI
Digital Library having 21 PC’s
Accessibility to students:
- Manuscripts:- Before the commencement of the semester, each subject teacher submits the Lesson Note in the library and after verification of the same by Dean (Academic) it is issued to the students for reference.
- References:- For Reference services,a separate Reference section is available.
(Availability of composite hardware,software,network resources and services required for the existence, operation and management of an institutions IT environment.)
- Two Boys & One Girls Hostel
- Reading Room, Television, Internet Wi-Fi Facility
- Dining Room, Water purifier, 24 hours water supply,
- Power back up, 24 hours Ambulance,
- Residential Doctor, Indoor games, Hostel Warden.
- 8 nos. of Buses
- Moves around the entire Bhubaneswar City
- Ply from Cuttack
We at GIFT have a ultra-modern auditorium having all the required amenities to conduct seminars, Faculty Development Programs , Conferences, etc...