Content : The program of MBA was launched during 2009 with an intake of 60 students .
DEPARTMENT OF MBA IS CURRENTLY IMPARTING TWO-YEARS MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMS IN MANAGEMENT.
The administrative setup exist in the department which ensures the achievement of PEOs
- Program Coordinator (HOD of the Department)
- Course Coordinator of the Semester
- Program Assessment Committee
- Department Advisory Board
1. Program Coordinator.
- Acts as interface between department and key stakeholders, students, faculties and employer.
- Evaluates and assess the activities in the program independently with the course coordinators.
- Prepares work plan in accordance with the objectives and outcomes of the program.
- Monitors and coordinates entire activities of the program enforcing appropriate policies and procedures to ensure utmost efficiency.
2. Course Coordinator of the Semester.
- Responsible for Coordinating and supervising the progress of teaching of all courses in the semester.
- Responsible for assessment of the course objectives and outcomes.
- Recommends and facilitates to organize workshops, seminars, faculty development programs, conferences to meet the course outcomes.
- Analyzes results of each course and recommends the Program Coordinator to take appropriate action .
- Coordinates with students, faculty members and program coordinator to formulate appropriate priorities and policies.
3. Program Assessment Committee.
- Program Assessment Committee consists of Program Coordinator, Course coordinator of the Semester and faculty representatives.
- Headed by Program Coordinator, the committee monitors the attainment of PEOs.
- Assesses program effectiveness and proposes necessary changes.
- Prepares periodic progress reports on program activities for college administration.
- Encourages the faculty and students to attend workshops , developing working models, paper publications and research.
- Interfaces with students, faculty members, program coordinator, semester coordinators and outside agencies in fulfiling program educational objectives.
- Committee congregates twice in a year to review the program and submits report to Department Advisory Board.
4. Department Advisory Board.
- It consists of program coordinator, senior faculty members and representatives of key stakeholders.
- Headed by Proram Coordinator, receives the report of the Program Assessment Committee and reviews the progress of the program.
- It analyses current and future issues related to the program.
- Prepares and recommends new or revised program objectives.
- Program Assessment Committee congregates once in a year to review the program objectives.
Participation of industry professional in curriculum development
As our GIFT college is an affiliated college of biju Pattnaik University of technology, so we follow the university curriculum. But in every subject BPUT has given the authority to the college, to the department and the respected teacher to design the topics to be taught in the 5th module. In our college a committee which comprises of principal, department HOD, few industry people and the respective teacher decidethe topics to be taught in the 5th module of every subject. They also decide the number and types of case studies to be included in the course curriculum. The curriculum design and development for MBA programs is done at least twice in every year to ensure continuous suitability, adequacy and effectiveness in satisfying the requirements and the vision, mission and quality policy of the institution. The employability, innovation and research in curriculum design and development is ensured by: - Involvement of industry professionals in curriculum development.
Participation of industry professionals in summer projects
Summer internship project is a part of MBA curriculum of Biju Pattnaik University of technology. after 2nd semester the students go for this summer internship projects. students need to undertake summer internship training with a company for 4 to 6weeks. The MBA department of GIFT College approach different companies of the state and outside the state to allow our students to do internship projects. The reason for conducting this internship is that the students get familiarized with the office environment and the kind of work being done in the office. The industrial people there act as external guide for the students’ .The teachers assigned as internal guide also co-ordinate with the external guide to know progress of the students as well as the project.
In addition to these committees or bodies mentioned above, the college has also the following Non-Statutory Committees.
- 1.Admissions Committee
- 2.Examinations Committee
- 3.Disciplinary Committee
- 4.Grievance Appeal and Redressal Committee
- 5.Student Affairs and Welfare Committee
- 6.Library Committee
- 7.Academic Audit and Quality Assurance Committee
- 8.College Development Planning and Evaluation Committee
- 9.Co & Extracurricular Activities Committee
- 10.Entrepreneurship Development Committee
- 11.Games and Sports Committee
- 12.Anti Raging Committee
- 13.Central Purchase Committee
- 14.Anti Sexual Harassment Committee
- 15.Hostel Committee
- 16.Social Responsibility Committee & NSS
The above mentioned committees have been functioning in proper order to facilitate smooth governance.